[lazarus] Using GTK2

A.J. Venter ajventer at direqlearn.org
Wed Apr 2 04:09:31 EST 2003

> .
>
> The gtk2 interface for the LCL is not complete.
>
> If someone wants to help us imlementing the gtk2 interface:
> The gtk2forpascal directory with the compiled .ppu files should be added to
> your /etc/fpc.cfg.
> The gtk2 interface shares the gtk1 interface files. Basically they just
> needs some {$IFDEF gtk2} statements and of course a lot of testing.
Ah, that explains it.

> > While I am on it, should I be using a C.V.S snapshot instead ? What are
> > the pros/cons.
>
> The cvs snapshots are only for those people who want to download on one
> computer and install it on a computer without internet access.
Actually that is my situation right now, at least until I get my ADSL
line later this month. What I meant though was, is it better to be using
a current CVS version than the source-packages on the website dated
March 3 (I believe). From your answer below I take it this would be the
case.

> > I am having some bad problems with the project manager, which tends to
> > mess up code generation when I use new project, application. Only by
> > copying a template project into a new directory can I seem to make it
> > work, but this is obviously a work-around.
>
> Can you give more details?
Step through example:
Project - New Project - Select Application -
A form is created, along with unit 1.
Save project - in some directory.
build project
The above will work throughout, however, running the result, will not
open the form. Regardless of wether it is in fact empty or not.

Looking at the code for project1.lpr you find the problem (at least the
one I know of)
Application.initialize;
Application.Run;

Is all it contains. In order to actually work however, an
Application.CreateForm call needs to be added between the lines above.

This problem did not occur on the first project I did, hence I have been
copying it, and reusing, for further projects (at this stage all pretty
simple test stuff)

> > Finally, how do I set up a TMenuBar component, I can drop it, and change
> > the few settings in the object inspector, but I have no idea how to
> > configure the menu items or create an action list, seeing as there is no
> > actionlist manager/editor to be found in Lazarus.
>
> I have added Oliviers menu editor, so basic menu editing is now possible.
I take it I will need the latest version to get this ?

--
Story of my life: "Semper in excretum, set alta variant"
A.J. Venter