[lazarus] Using GTK2

A.J. Venter ajventer at direqlearn.org
Wed Apr 2 06:18:05 EST 2003

> > Is all it contains. In order to actually work however, an
> > Application.CreateForm call needs to be added between the lines above.
>
> :(
> There was a bug, when the rpm was built. They need update. As soon as
> Michael A.H. finds some free time, he will automate the creation of the
> rpms.
I am doing a CVS checkout right now, once I have my ADSL  is in I intend
to do so dayly. The project has made some great strides over time, and
soon enough it will be a viable competitor to borlands products. If
microsoft does in fact take them over, Lazarus may be left as the only
delphi like product on Linux (I don't see M$ supporting kylix myself).

> > > I have added Oliviers menu editor, so basic menu editing is now
> > > possible.
> > I take it I will need the latest version to get this ?
>
> Yes.
> It's so fresh, that it is probably not yet in the cvs snapshots.
I'll have a look at the CVS checkout instead.
I would like to start by doing some simple but real programs in Lazarus,
what better way to see where it can be improved, by myself or one more
skilled.

I have a suggestion though:
Right now, there is almost no way for a person visiting the site to
really understand the functionality level of the program. I see this
made the FAQ as well (unanswered). If I may, I would like to maintain
such a list of "Delphi features that work" and make it available to
people.
Perhaps Mathias or Michael could send me an initial "shortlist" beyond
the obvious, which I will then flesh out.
Obviously I know there are others who know the system better than me,
but then again, they are busy enhancing it, and I am willing to learn. I
think all the developers are doing a marvelous job, and I would like to
help. This seems to me, is a good way I can contribute something back.
Any sugestions ?