[lazarus] Step over/into

L Venter Lrven at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 2 08:00:04 EST 2003

I have been nagging about this for the last 2 years.
I basically use FPK all the time for scientific console program work but
is interested in Lazarus due to the possibility of having an integrated
debugger in particular stepping over/into.
I tried Lazarus again recently and saw that the debugger still does not
work.
As I mentioned several times in the past, all the people I know in the
programming professions want to use Linux/Lazarus/FPK but as soon as
they try it and there is no debug, they just drop it.

Reportedly, Step over/into does work.
However, I could never manage to get it working.
If it does, please include the sources and detailed installation of a
particular debugger in order that users in need of this can have a
chance to verify it. Step over/into will add about 1000% of value to
Lazarus once it is verified to work.
I see it as the single most important missing feature.

thanks
LR Venter