[lazarus] Step over/into

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Wed Apr 2 13:36:08 EST 2003

At 13:52 2-4-2003 -0500, L Venter wrote:
>Marc
>
>Configuration is set up to generate code for GDB.
>Here is the version of GDB used.
>
>]$ gdb
>GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2.1-4)

OK.

>Then,
>If I go to a specific line in the program and toggle a breakpoint and then
>run the program....nothing happens.
>The console output just reports "program executed successfully".

Ah, I haven't fixed that yet (but is on my todo list), the debugger needs
to be initialized first.

To set breakpoints for now, run your app, then hit pause (F2), and set (or
enable the breakpoints). If you hit a breakpoint, you should be able to
step from that.

>If I try Step into and over it seemingly executes the program

Is debug info compiled into you app ?

>The version of Lazarus as used is 0.8.5
>
>Had the same problem tested on RH Linux 6.2, 7.0, 7.1, 7.3, 8.0

Marc