[lazarus] Using GTK2

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Wed Apr 2 20:00:15 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 15:20, Marc Weustink wrote:

> I just found out that my other Linux box has gtk2, so I might spend some
> time looking at gtk2 sources and docs and write the creation if in in gtk2.
> Now I only have to find some time :(

Check the cushions of the couch (the one in front of the TV.)  That's
where I normally find my lost time. ;-)  There or under the sheets.

But to add something actually useful to this thread, is there any
thought to QT widget development going on?  I've been trying out
multiple distributions of Linux lately including the latest RedHat,
Mandrake, Knoppix (Debian incarnation) and a few others.  One thing I've
noticed is just how many distro's prefer to install KDE by default over
Gnome.

We've been doing this because I've found that Mandrake doesn't like some
motherboards, while RedHat doesn't like others.  RedHat doesn't like to
install from a CDRW, but Mandrake will.  Appletalk doesn't seem to work
on RedHat without patches, etc.  We have yet to find one distribution
that will install on all of the machines we've tested without some
headache on at least one.

-Tony