[lazarus] TDatabase and Firebird

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Apr 10 03:02:47 EDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 hernan.et at pg.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am now trying to work on database under Linux using Lazarus. I have few
> question before I'll have to mess with my computer.
>
> 1. I found that TDatabase is now in the component palette, but using it does not
> show up any properties nor events, do I need to upgrade my fpc sources?

No. TDatabase should not be in the component palette, it is an abstract class.
You need to put TIBDatabase on the component palette. It is in the
'Interbase' unit in directory fcl/db/interbase

> 2. If I use Firebird, do I need to create a descendent so that I can use it in
> TDatabase. How about TTable, can we use it now?

The interbase unit defines TIBDatabase/TIBTransaction/TIBQuery. No
support for TTable yet, but I assume that this can be emulated using
TIBQuery.

Michael.