[lazarus] Tree within library

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Apr 27 15:07:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:12:24 +1000
SteveG <steveg at nevets.com.au> wrote:

> a few questions this time:
>
> First, problems using Forms in a library (.so)
> 1. If using a TTreeView I get an error msg - ERROR:
> [TgtkObject.CreateBitmap] Illegal depth 0,
> as the library initializes, and am unable to focus on any items.
> Works ok on a standard test program -

I tried dynamic libs under fpc a few months ago and ran into several
problems. How do you create the libs?

> 2. If the form is sent behind another, then brought back to the front,
> all TStaticTest objects and TSpeedbuttons have disappeared and the
> screen needs to be re-drawn in code to refresh

Normally the gtk sends an expose event in such cases, which results in a
LM_PAINT message. Can you send me an example?

> 3. TSpeedbuttons disappear if the mouse is passed over them (not
> clicking) - screen redraw needed to refresh

Seems to be related to the above.

> These problems on normal programs, and within libraries
> 1. Images on TImage, and TSpeedbutton (actually any images at all once
> the program runs) seem ok when viewing in the IDE, but once program runs
> all images are just various blocks of solid color

Streaming images to the LFM files is not yet implemented. Maybe we should
add a warning message to not load images with form editing. Only load images
at runtime.

> 2. Problems with tab order in any program - not only unable to set
> specific ordering, focus seems to disappear after 'last' control (takes
> two tabs to re-appear) - my test prog is new form at Laz start, add 4
> TEdits and run - tab problems ??

Tab stops are disabled, because there were some components doing strange
things. The current tabbing you see, is the default gtk behaviour. Maybe
someone give this a second try. I'm currently busy with the IDE.

> All of these seem to be grapic related. Is this a problem only on my
> machine ? (RH8 + KDE, latest CVS)

No, I don't think so.

Mattias