[lazarus] compiling from CVS

Anders Ellenshøj Andersen andersa at fys.ku.dk
Tue Apr 29 18:17:56 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 23:13, Tony Maro wrote:

> And, 1.0.7 is released on the FPC site, just nobody has bothered to
> update the Debian packages apparently...

This is http://www.freepascal.org/ we are talking about right?

On the front page it clearly states that the latest release is 1.0.6. This is
also the case for download page including one mirror I randomly checked.

So since it is not released obviously noone has made debian packages of it
yet.

Or is my browser malfunctioning?

> You don't want to run a buggy compiler do you? ;-)

No thanks.

> If you want a quick and easy tutorial on installing FPC for use with
> Lazarus check my website at:
>
> http://tony.maro.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&page_id=2

A nightmare! There is no way to easily delete the files once you have unpacked
them. There is no control over where stuff goes and that is totally
unacceptable to me.

> I recently used these exact instructions to install 1.0.7 on a Debian
> distro.

I believe that, but I don't want to mess up my nice clean filesystem by
randomly unpacking stuff into it.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.1 on Debian GNU/Linux