[lazarus] findinfiles.diff

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Aug 1 05:20:15 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:14:34 -0400
Bob Wingard <bwingard at gt.rr.com> wrote:

> Attached is a patch against, findinfilesdlg.pas, ideprocs.pp, dialogs.pp
> and uniteditor.pp.

Great. Applied.

> findinfiles.pas - Add dialogs to uses section, call new function
> SelectDirectory when the browse directory button is pressed, returns
> selected directory. TODO: Add path history and save selections.
>
> ideprocs.pp - Modified the FindInFiles procedure to include some context
> information about the find. The message now includes the next 60
> charaters after the search text.
>
> uniteditor.pp - Ingnore files that are open or part of the project but
> do not exist on disk yet, this would cause lazarus to crash, bad bad.
> Added informational messages to the message window when a search fails.
> TODO: Add progress box with Cancel button.
>
> dialogs.pp - Added the function SelectDirectory, this is same function
> that is in free-clx. Displays a dialog and returns selected directory.
>
> dirsel.lfm, dirsel.lrs, dirsel.pas - Files to implement a work alike for
> the Directory Browser in kylix. Borland used a lot of libc calls in
> thier version, I replace these with regular pascal calls, no chance the
> libc calls would have worked on win32! This dialog is fully functional,
> but is still pretty rough. I will continue to clean it up. I had these
> files in /lazarus/lcl directory. There is not a drive list box, no such
> thing in linux, I will add one later and disable it if on linux or fill
> it with drives if on windows. I need some help with locating images of
> open and closed folders, when I have them I will make the treeview owner
> drawn and spiff it up a bit.

I changed the SelectDirectory function to use the new SelectDirectoryProc
variable. This way users can define their own directory selection or use the
lcl one by adding DirSel to the uses section. This also breaks the unit
circle.
I removed the global variables in dirsel.pas.

What help do you need with icons?

Mattias