[lazarus] dirsel.pas : Attached dirsel.zip

Bob Wingard bwingard at gt.rr.com
Sat Aug 2 10:33:14 EDT 2003

Vincent Snijders wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Nice progress!
>
>I have a few remarks/questions:
>- The second FindFirst (used to look for subdirectories) in
>FindMatchingTextFiles needs a matching findclose.

Good eye, fixed.

>- In TLazFindInFilesDialog.DirectoryBrowseClick you use if then
>to append the path delimeter. You can use PathDelim from SusUtils unit
>or DirectorySeparator from the system unit (both part of fpc RTL). You
>might look also to AppendPathDelim in the FileCtrl unit (part of the
>LCL).

Again, you are correct. There is another decleration of AppendPathDelim
off in the Codetools directory and that is the one that I originally
saw. fixed.

>- Why do you use
>SysUtils.FindFirst(TempDir+FindMask,faAnyFile,FileInfo)
>and not
>SysUtils.FindFirst(TempDir+FindMask,faDirectory,FileInfo)
>when you are looking for (sub)directories?

This works on Windows but will not return any files on Linux. I am not
sure but I think it is because everything is a file under linux, so
directories are files with the directory attribute set.

>Regards,
>Vincent Snijders.

<snip>
Bob