[lazarus] Patch: ComboBox issues

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sat Aug 2 13:06:54 EDT 2003

At 14:28 2-8-2003 -0300, Karl Brandt wrote:
>Marc Weustink wrote:
>>I was wondering why there isn't such adjustment in Delphi, so I've been
>>playing with some spy and control modification tools and saw the following.
>
>Can you share these tools?

No and Yes.
The first I used was part of the MS visualstudio tools: SpyXX.exe
this one is better than winsight (ws32.exe) from borland. I don't know if
SpyXX is freely available.
The second was an attempt to create a modification tool myself, I can mail
the exe if you want.

>>When sending a SetWindowPos with a new height N (Original height is H) I
>>get:
>>   WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING  height N
>>   WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED   height N
>>    WM_SIZE               height N
>>     WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING  height H
>>     WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED   height H
>>     WM_SIZE               height H
>>      WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING  height H
>
>Did you tested in LCL or in plain win32?

This was running an D6 exe with a combobox. I haven't tried a plain native
win32 combo (don't want to create the example myself)

Marc