[lazarus] Display option problem..

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Aug 3 10:24:56 EDT 2003

At 00:18 3-8-2003 -0600, Jesus Reyes wrote:

> [...]

[snip]

> > What commands would you like ?
> >

>It's funny, I thought about it because the watches functionality is
>unfinished and I was in the need for that.

There is a trick to have something like watches.
Tooltip evaluation is working. If you move your mouse to an expression, it
gets evaluated. Nothing new. However if you select a more complex
expression, the selection gets evaluated. And if the expression you want to
evaluate isn't in code, just type the expression (behind a coomment)
somewhere in you code, select it, and it gets evaluated :-)

>But as debugging functionality gets completed (watches, evaluate,
>conditional breakpoints, cpu, etc) I don't really see the need for it but
>I'm not a gdb expert, so maybe others can give more arguments to support
>or reject the idea.
>
>Some times I just need to set a conditional break point, check some
>values and go, some others I had to disassemble one block of code, inspect
>some registers, etc. So one thing I would add its flexibility.

These are all thing planned to be implemented some day.

>More funny, I like the idea more for what I don't know that for what
>I know :).

:)

Marc