[lazarus] Display option problem..

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Sun Aug 3 12:07:08 EDT 2003

> There is a trick to have something like watches.
> Tooltip evaluation is working. If you move your mouse to an expression, it
> gets evaluated. Nothing new. However if you select a more complex
> expression, the selection gets evaluated. And if the expression you want
> evaluate isn't in code, just type the expression (behind a coomment)
> somewhere in you code, select it, and it gets evaluated :-)

Oh, I discover it by accident. The only problem would be that
gdb doesn't know how to dereferece pointers to objects and don't recognize
properties, in such case in command line I add a ^ operator and use
the underlaying field (if it apply) for the property. Anyway the selection
evaluation its cool. I hope some day gdb will be improved.

Jesus Reyes A.