[lazarus] Freepascal/Lazarus newbie

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Wed Aug 13 17:24:41 EDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:19:25 +0100
"Kim Boulton" <kim at evolutioncreative.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lazarus seems very unstable on Win32, I know it's under development
> although I don't seem to be able to use any of its components without
> some sort of integer or bounds error happening. Is there something I'm
> missing here or is that just where Lazarus 'is' at the moment.
It is getting better almost every day.

> I can't compile, the Environment Settings won't save even if I type
> the paths in. The default settings in the drop list are *nix format
> and the path choice buttons don't work as they expect a file, not a
> folder path.
Attached patch allows you to specify the compiler executable and sets
the default path to the fpc default on win32. I can compile simple
programs now.

Problem was, that ExtractFilePath lets the directory name end with a \
and FileExists returns false. Worked on linux though.

Shouldn't we use dirsel dialog (recently introduced for find in files)
for selecting the directories? You can't select a folder in an open file
dialog on windows, I think.

Vincent.