[lazarus] Default font

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Aug 25 12:17:23 EDT 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:56:36 +0200
Micha Nelissen <M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently DefFontData is in lcl/graphics.pp. Shouldn't this be moved to
> the interface sections so that each target can supply it's own default
> name and configuration?

The DefFontData is platform independent, for several reasons:
-The problem is that there is not one default font. The default font depends
on the context. For example, the gtk can define for each widget a font (and
sometimes more than one). Just like the system color. The values in
DefFontData should be translated by the intf to the context specific
defaults.
- It is used for streaming.
The DefFontData values are the same as the default property values of TFont
and so a default font is not saved.

The font implementation is not complete, so probably we need some more
functions to handle theme dependent fonts.

Mattias