[lazarus] listbox patch

Vincent Snijders VSDS at RND.VB.CBS.NL
Mon Dec 15 03:31:56 EST 2003

In
> >the win32 interface, clicking on the item text checks the item. In
win32
> >no selected item is shown.
>
> That is probably because GTK has no native checklistbox (it has no
normal
> listbox like win32 either).
> GTK has a listbox with a list of widgets, which in normal cases are
labels.
> When implementing the checklistbox, I saw no reason why those labels
> couldn't be labels and checkboxes. So in GTK you select the labels and
> check the checkboxes. I tried Checkboxes alone, but then you couldn't
> slecet an item without checking it.
I think the implementation in GTK is ok.
> Since the UI of GKT and win32 differs I had no problems with the
different
> behaviour (we're not trying to let GTK widgets behave like windows)
The win32 implementation uses an OwnerDrawn listbox. I think it should
respect the selected state of an item. Now selected and not selected
items are shown the same. Otherwise a developer with gtk could think he
could give some meaning to the selected item (e.g. pushing a button will
delete the selected item), but with win32 the user doesn't see what the
selected item is.

Vincent.