[lazarus] feature request: compiled units in target dependantdirectory

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Dec 18 09:35:22 EST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:57:57 +0100  Vincent Snijders
<vslist at mail.cwazy.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of the differences between fpc 1.0.x and fpc 1.9.x is the extension
> of the compiled unit files for the win32 target.
> fpc 1.0.x : .ppw and .ow
> fpc 1.9.x : .ppu and .o
>
> Because with fpc 1.9.x the win32 target uses the same extensions as the
> linux target, you can't have a compiled lcl for both win32 and linux in
> the same directory anymore. Therefore I propose that the makefiles will
> be changed in such a way, that the compiled units go to the directory
> units\$target instead of just units. Some care have to be taken for the
> location of the compiled units of the interfaces, because there is a
> win32 target and a win32 interface and they better not end up in the
> same directory.
>
> Maybe the units for the win32 interface compiled for win32 should use:
> lcl/units/interfaces/win32/win32
> and gtk interface for linux
> lcl/units/interfaces/gtk/linux
> With macros: lcl/units/interfaces/$lcl_platform/$target

I think, you are right. We need some subdirs for cross compilation.
The LCL depends only on the TargetOS, while the interfaces depend the LCL
units.
So, maybe an alternative is:

for the lcl units: lcl/units/$TargetOS
for the interface units: lcl/units/$TargetOS/$LCL_Widget_Set

Mattias