[lazarus] feature request: compiled units in target dependantdirectory

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Dec 19 04:15:39 EST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:55:10 +0100 (CET)  "Peter Vreman"
<peter at freepascal.org> wrote:

> >> I think, you are right. We need some subdirs for cross compilation.
> >> The LCL depends only on the TargetOS, while the interfaces depend the
> >> LCL units.
> >> So, maybe an alternative is:
> >>
> >> for the lcl units: lcl/units/$TargetOS
> >> for the interface units: lcl/units/$TargetOS/$LCL_Widget_Set
> > That is better indeed, shorter and more resembling the situation ATM.
> > Are you going to make the changes or shall I take a look at it?
>
> What about linux-powerpc and linux-i386 ? It's better to also take care of
> that issue now than in the future.

Good thinking.

for the lcl units:
lcl/units/$TargetOS/$TargetProcessor

for the interface units:
lcl/units/$TargetOS/$TargetProcessor/$LCL_Widget_Set

Applications using the LCL package should not get any problems, but I guess
there are quite a lot without, or with double paths. So, I think, we should
wait a few days with this change.

Mattias