[lazarus] Single workspace

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Dec 28 19:44:49 EST 2003

At 22:02 28-12-2003, Raúl Moratalla wrote:
>El Domingo, 28 de Diciembre de 2003 17:33, Michael A. Hess escribió:
> > I doubt there is much that Lazarus can do about this. This is a function
> > of the Window Manager. Any window that the Window Manager has open it
> > indicates in the task bar. This is a feature of the Window Manager and
> > will be the same in any application you care to mention.
> >
> > You will notice this for dialog boxes and every type of window the
> > Window Manager controls. I believe it is possible to do with Modal
> > Dialog boxes but that might be about it.
> >
> > Maybe someone else knows differently.
>
>The programmers of Hbasic have implemented it (various windows, only one in
>taskbar), but they are using Qt and C++, and I don't if it would be possible
>with Gtk and FPC.

As far as I can remeber it is a hint a window can give to the WM to not
show a button in the taskbar. Don't know where I saw it.

Thats btw. almost the same as delphi it does. Only the Application window
(0x0 pixels) is shown in the taskbar. All forms are not.

>Another question: what is the current state of the Qt and Gtk2 interface? I'm
>a bit curious about it ;) A few weeks ago I tried to compile them, but I get
>an amount of errors.

The last time I ran gtk2 it worked (but that was a month or 2 ago or so)

Marc