[lazarus] Qt / Gtk 2 interface

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 28 23:28:27 EST 2003

well the qt interfaces are unusable and not really at all started for
any real purpose, as they have required pascal headers, which I believe
Florian had started generating with one of the kde tools. But until such
time as people get these headers and have tikme to start working on it,
that at least isn't going anywhere fast. :)

As for the GTK2 interfaces, unfortunately life and work went crazy and
so development by me has essentially stopped, and currently no one else
has volunteered to help tackle bugs etc., though I am still open for
anyone who can do more then me eg. anything ;).

Otherwise though, GTK2 does work and in many ways works well. there are
some minor drawing and scrolling bugs still, and various widgets are
incomplete or non-existant, but overall it works well enough that the
designer and  editor work in lazarus, though compiling etc is sporadic
to some extent.

The reason you would be unable to compile it is you cannot compile it
the same way as with gtk1.2 or windows(i.e. with a simple make all etc),
you must use a special compile procedure, for testing on individual
apps, there are instructions in the README file in lcl/interfaces/gtk2.
For compiling lazarus, in a gtk1 version change the lazarus compile to
use gtk2, and actually install the packages(.lpk) mentioned in the
README, then rebuild lazarus within the ide as usual.

Andrew