[lazarus] Complete LINUX freeze

Inpromptu inpromptu at operamail.com
Sat Feb 8 17:45:58 EST 2003

> On Saturday 08 February 2003 10:46 am, Julius Chrobak wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I wrote that I couldn't compile Lazarus..so I downloaded binary package...
> > I tried to make simple program, just Form...and than it lookas good, it
> > starts compiling and some hints are shown...but then after 2 or 3
> > minutes of continual reading from disk, my Linux completle freeze and
> > only what is working are 2 led diods on my keybord 9Caps Lock and Scroll
> >   Lock0..and I must reset my computer...:(
> > Does anyone no what is problem ??
> > thanx, Julo Chrobak

  If you have those two leds working, then your Linux is not freeze (may be only the X server) !!
  Try ctrl-alt-F1 (or alt-F1, depends on your system), log in as root, ps ux , and kill lazarus or something else to solve the freeze...

http://www.operamail.com
Now with OperaMail Premium for only US$29.99/yr