[lazarus] Unit not found: SysUtils

Paul Wesson paul at paulwesson.ca
Sat Feb 15 15:07:07 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm an experienced Delphi developer now giving Linux a shot.

I just installed Mandrake 9.0 and am trying to get Lazarus working.

Here is what I did...
- installed the fpc rpm (fpc-1.0.6-1.i386.rpm)
- extracted (lazarus.zip) to my home folder /home/paul/lazarus
- from the console did a "make" from my /home/paul/lazarus directory (compiled
ok)
- edited /etc/fpc.cfg using "vi" and added the following lines

# Lazarus Libs
-Fu/home/paul/lazarus/lcl/units
-Fu/home/paul/lazarus/lcl/units/gtk
-Fu/home/paul/lazarus/components/units

- the fpc.cfg had the following other settings...

# searchpath for units and other system dependent things
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/$target
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/$target/*
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/1.0.6/units/$target/rtl
# searchpath for libraries
-Fl/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.2

I can start Lazarus fine, but when I place a "TButton" component on my form
and double click it to enter code, I get an error stating:

/lazarus/lcl/forms.pp(40,34) Error: unit not found: SysUtils

Can anyone give me any direction on this?

Thanks
Paul
paul at paulwesson.ca