[lazarus] SynEdit

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 21 06:17:31 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:39:14 -0500
"bruno at vias.com" <bruno at vias.com> wrote:

> Mattias...
>
> One little question.... I know, there are many but I don't have many time
> to study the lazarus source code... LOL ;)
>
> I was seeing the SynEdit source code that works with lazarus, and the new
> version 1.1, this new version have many other options and components...
>
> Do you will update for the latest version of it or with the pakage sistem
> later will add this.. or what...???

We have added a lot of changes to the synedit code. Compatibility,
accelerations, bugfixes, new features. To use the new synedit in the IDE, we
must migrate these changes to the new synedit and then we must test it very
carefully. I don't think, that I will have time for that in the next few
months.

Of course you can adapt the new synedit to the LCL. And when the package
system is ready, you can use it in the IDE.

Mattias