[lazarus] Comments

jozsef at wingchun.hu jozsef at wingchun.hu
Tue Feb 25 21:22:52 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm sure there is the "WHY" poeple do not use comments. I do not know it and
I am curious.
I found writing comments a useful habit. It is useful even if I want to
modify my source later.

When I found a bug or a missing feature I'm not forced to write a bug report
or wish, I'm allowed to report a bug solution too. Or add a feature.
It is why the source is present and licence encourage doing this.
Ok, but when I get the source I see a lot of interesting name. Or I see an
algorithm and quite complex. I wonder what it does. And at last I say fuck
and pass the work to its maintainer. If it is good to him/her... but it is
slower progress.
In python there is .__doc__. There exists javadoc and so on. I think it is a
good thing that lazarus is documented. Some fancy tool is capable to do this
if the source have comments in the right way.
And so on, and so on.

So I'm the one who is uninformed. Tell me what is the "WHY"?

Joe