[lazarus] Request...

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Mon Jan 13 20:37:25 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 17:16, Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:

> It also remains to be seen what the future of .NET is. Looking at Java,
> I don't think we should worry. The big Java breakthough has never taken
> place. The first serious 100% Java app for the desktop must still be
> coded (and tricks using JNI don't count :) ).
>
> So if this is the future for .NET, I don't think we'll have to hurry
> with the implementation...

We do a considerable amount of .NET programming at the office.   For web
development when coupled with Visual Studio it RAWKES.  Especially when
integrating with a SQL Server.

For programming applications with the .NET framework - you might as well
make someone download and install an entire OS for all the required
DLL's and such they need.  We don't consider it a viable option for
application development - and we've tried.

-Tony