[lazarus] Lazarus and Databases

Paulo Vaz paulo at multi-informatica.com.br
Thu Jan 23 08:40:12 EST 2003

Hello All,

   Please, We want to abandon Borland Compilers. They are pretty good,
but  aren't GPL! We start a ERP Open Source Project, but I can't use GPL
Licence under Delphi.

   This Project will be helpfull for many companies, and individual
users, so is very important go ahead with this task.

   The problem is: How to setup Lazarus to work with any RDBMS, like
Firebird (our original Delphi RDBMS)?

    We are engaged in another Open Source Porject, called MDO (Mercury
Database Objects), based in IBX Open Source Project for Delphi. There is
a way to move this project to Lazarus?

     I have noticed that is possible use Report Manager with
Lazarus...This is a great new, if true.

     So, if somebody can help us with this questions, all brazilian
people will have a chance to do a real revolution using Lazarus.

    There is somebody interested in make this revolution?

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards

    Paulo Vaz
    Project Coordinator