[lazarus] Please help me out!

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jan 23 11:48:20 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 04:45:04 +0000
jay.dubal at intergold.net wrote:

> Hi All,
>            I have just installed the latest edition of Lazarus and
>            fpc,,but
> I am not able to compile any projects as I get these errors :
>
>        1. Unit not found interfaces
>        2. Cannot compile INTERFACES no source found
>
> In the Environment option > files I have fiven all the paths
>
>        LAzarus directory = \..\Lazarus\
>        fpc dir           = \urs\..\fpc386
>        Source Dir        = \..\Source\lcl (etc etc)

Don't add the lcl directory to any path. Compilation will be slower and you
can run in some more problems. For example 'Unit not found interfaces'.
I'm not sure what you mean with 'Source Dir' and 'fpc dir'. Here are some
notes:

Environment -> Environment Options -> Files ->
Compiler path = e.g. /usr/bin/ppc386
FPC Source Dir = the directory of the freepascal sources,
                 like compiler, packages, fcl, rtl.

The Project -> Compiler Options -> Search Paths should contain the paths to
the LCL. Just create a new application and have a look.

> Do I need to edit any config file ? Please let me know as I want to use
> Lazarus as soon as possible

You don't need to edit any config file manually.

Mattias