[lazarus] New characteristic (FPC)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jan 28 17:44:00 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:50:53 -0400
"Luis R. Hilario B." <LuisDigital at BonBon.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see a new characteristic:
>
> procedure name(parametro: Integer  = -1);
>
> Only FPC uses it?

I'm not sure, what you mean with 'only fpc'.
Default values are supported by fpc 1.1. In lazarus they are currently only
used at places where Delphi does the same and are disabled for fpc 1.0.x.

> Error:
> --------
> Assembling lresources
> canvas.inc(659,19) Error: function header TEXTRECT doesn't match forward
> : var name changes valRECT => valARECT
> graphics.pp(1429) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>
> Previously by this time already several people had reported the error.

Really? Sorry, I didn't see them.

> In agreement, Mattias of insurance knows on the error,

I didn't knew it. My cvs compiled fine. Maybe the cvs crashes on monday
confused some things.
I just checked out a complete new cvs and it compiles with 1.1 and 1.0.7.
So, at last the bug is gone.

> but to report
> serves it as spirit so that it is repaired or others find out.
>
> It also can be that it has not been noticed of the error, that is, if it
> spends certain time and the error is not corrected we must report it (I
> think).

Yep.

> It is possible to be solved writing "ARect" in "graphics.pp" y=582, x=23.

There are still a lot of redefinitions (Rect, HDC, HWND). From time to time
I fix a few. The 1.1 and 1.0.7 warn if parameter names differ, and there was
no warning when I committed. But due to server problems some of my commits
stopped in the middle and timed out.

> Memory when it was translating the manuals of FPC (now stopped) and
> reported until the minimum error (and its possible solution in some
> cases).

What do you mean?

> It is not that I like to take part much, is that the small
> details worry to me (because they are important).
>
> I hope that this thing (Google) has translated my feelings correctly.

Programmers of translators are quite happy if merely the facts are
translated correct and currently this means only 70% in best case. Now
estimate 'feelings'...

> T H E  E N D  :)

Mattias