[lazarus] DefaultHandler

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 3 17:36:22 EDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:03:24 +0200
"Micha Nelissen" <mdvpost at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are several calls to DefaultHandler in the LCL. Notably,
> TWinControl.PaintWindow, but there are more. Currently these do nothing.
> Shouldn't they be replaced with IntSendMessage or something alike? Or
> implement the DefaultHandler function? I guess that would call
> IntSendMessage after all, so we don't need the extra step.

Hmm.
The messages are a problem. They make it harder to create new interfaces,
they are hardly extendable, they are not smart linkable and last but not
least they make debugging more difficult. There are already far too many of
them. I think, we should try to keep only the most common needed for delphi
compatibility and replace the rest with methods.

Mattias