[lazarus] Patch: window subclassing, paint messages

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 4 05:58:55 EDT 2003

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:36:47 +0200
"Micha Nelissen" <mdvpost at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch to implement proper window subclassing and paint
> messages. This will enable _LARGE_ parts of the lcl code with respect to
> the interface because we actually get messages like listbox insertitem
> etc. Speedbuttons will now also be drawn correctly, groupboxes are drawn
> correctly...etc.
>
> In wincontrol.inc I have changed the defaulthandler to send a message.
> This is still up for debate, and I don't know the effects on the GTK.
> Comments are welcome.

I didn't found this behaviour in the VCL. So, I changed them back to calling
the DefaultHandler and added a TWinControl.DefaultHandler, that calls the
new interface procedure CallDefaultWndHandler. The win32 interface then
sends the paint message.
Please test it. We can also add an interface method of its own for the paint
message, if you like.

> Diff was taken from the root of lazarus.

yes, but not of the current cvs. For example the csSpeedbutton deletion
part, was already deleted. There were 3 failed hunks. I hope I applied them
correct.

Mattias