[lazarus] make

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jul 15 18:52:27 EDT 2003

> marcov at stack.nl wrote:
>

> >I meant the searchpath (the environment variable PATH), because of the
> >above., you can see it if you enter "set" without parameters on the
> >commandline.
> >
> >You'll probably still need to look which directories come _before_ fpc in
> >the path, and then check them for an own version of the "make" utility.
> >
> >Alternatively you can set FPC as first in the searchpath.
> >
> My windows path var is :
> C:\WINDOWS>path
> PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\PROGRA~1\BORLAND\DELPHI5\BIN;C:\PROGRA~1\B
> ORLAND\VBROKER\BIN;C:\PROGRA~1\BORLAND\VBROKER\JRE\BIN;C:\PROGRA~1\BORLAND\DELPH
> I5\PROJECTS\BPL;C:\MSSQL7\BINN;C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6;C:\PP\BIN\GO32V2;C:\PP\BIN\WIN32
>
> Now if I change this by typing :
> set path=c:\pp\bin\win32 in the command prompt I get this error :
> MAKEFILE:17: *** you need the GNU utils package to use this makefile. Stop.

That's better. Now the makefile is actually executing. It seems it can't
pwd.exe, which is odd (it should be in that c:\pp\bin\win32 )

Maybe you are experiencing the PATH capitalisation bug of some mingw utils,
try putting this in a batchfile, and run it to correct your path:

path c:\pp\bin\win32;%path%
set a=%PATH%
set Path=
set PATH=%A%