[lazarus] runtime error 217

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 17 02:54:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:43:32 +0200
Toke Herkild <tokeherkild at netscape.net> wrote:

> Having downloaded latest sources from cvs and done a make, everything
> goes fine but as I start Lazarus I'm told that it cannot find FPC Source
> Dir. And I have to set it... Fine, only lazarus crashes after I've
> clicked ok to this message.

There should only be an "Ignore" button, no "Ok" button. And I don't think
that this message has anything to do with the crash.
To fix this, I need some information:
Compiler version (ppc386 -vi) and backtrace of the crash. Please start
lazarus in gdb:

[]$ gdb lazarus
(gdb) run

When it stops type 'bt' for backtrace:

(gdb) bt

and send the backtrace to me or the list.

> Is there a way to create the config file
> manually ? if so how ?

If the default values results in a crash, then special values will also.

Mattias