[lazarus] runtime error 217

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 18 03:21:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:40:32 -0500
"Michael A. Hess" <mhess at miraclec.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> > Maybe some win32 user can give some advice about debugging tools for
> > win32. I can write hints about cross compiling from linux to win32.
> >
> > I think, we should add this somewhere to the website. Michael (H),
> > where do you think is a good place?
>
> What exactly do you have in mind? What all do you want to add?

A page about the win32 development.
- state:
some notes, that the win32 api interface is not yet ready, that already half
of the LCL works, that the IDE does not yet work under win32.
- what needs to be done: A note, that the exact component state can be found
in "roadmap".
  (We have to fill this list)
- how to help us:
+ Where to get and how to install the debugging tools for windows (cvs, gdb,
diff).
+ Cross compile from linux to windows:
  This gives you an IDE with codetools, form editing,
  and eventually remote debugging.
+ Examples: how to fix bugs and create a patch under linux and under windows
+ Where to start and what depends on what: Components, synedit, parts of the
IDE: options, sourceeditor, codetools, debugging, form editing, packages.

Mattias