[lazarus] Patch for win32 : GetRelativePosition

Karl Brandt pascalive at bol.com.br
Sun Jul 20 00:24:45 EDT 2003

I'm sending a patch with a implementation for win32 interface of the
cited procedure. This time, i think it's a correct one.

It also  refine WM_MOVE : now, not Forms controls send the correct
position
There's two way of testing if is Form/Not child in the patch. I'll let
to Mattias  to decide wich one to pick. I think the result is the same.

BTW: How time/resource consuming are Is and As operators?. I'm afraid
that using these in interfaces can degradate the performance

there's two problems in the generic (interfacebase) version of this
procedure:
First, the ParentLeftTop var is not initialized, returning random values.
Second, the ClientToScreen procedure returns the screen position of a
coordinate relative to the client area of the supplied window, which is
not useful in this case.
These was causing the child controls to not display, and making the
ide/big applications to consume the memory in minutes (why??)

It can be implemented in a similar way i did.

karl