[lazarus] New Bug Entered

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jul 23 02:03:43 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Dominik Zablotny wrote:

> > Not yet.
> > Any ideas how this should be done and/or what we need for it?
>
> The best would be like in Delphi.
> In Windows the native way of course. In posix we need TCanvas descendant
> that generate postscript file. There's something simmillar in libgnomeprint
> - http://developer.gnome.org/arch/imaging/printing.html, but it seems to be
> specific to gnome-canvas. The printing system choice is secondary issue.
> Anyway, it won't be easy.

Today I will commit a TCustomCanvas abstract implementation in the FCL.
The idea (discussed with Matthias Gaertner) is to descend from this
various canvases. One descdendent will be the LCL canvas. Another one
(which will be committed as well) is a TImageCanvas, which draws on
a bitmap in memory (which can subsequently be saved).

A TPostScriptCanvas would  then be also one of the descendents. As a
TWindowsCanvas etc.

Michael.