[lazarus] Patch Find in Files.

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jul 28 13:45:30 EDT 2003

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:43:57 -0400
Bob Wingard <bwingard at gt.rr.com> wrote:

> Mattias,
>
>  This patch adds the options All Files In Project and All Open Files. It
> also cleans up a couple of problems that I saw while using the
> findinfiles dialog. I even got rid of the hard coded '/', it turned out
> I did not need to pass a valid directory to the MessagesView.Add.
>
> This file includes all the changes that I sent you before as well as the
> changes that I just made.
>
> I still have not done anything to the FindInFiles Dialog, tommorow.

I have applied the patch and broke the unit circle. Circles are avoided to
get a simpler unit hierachy. I also added the history of 'find', although
the handling can be improved.

To the message window:
The message window is good place for now.
It is planned to add a special "Search result" window. This window will
support highlighting, updates and context information. This way search
results are not lost on every simple source error. Also it can be extended
to show context information, like a few lines in front and behind the found
place. This will be useful especially for the search of identifiers and
renaming of identifiers/code.

Mattias