[lazarus] Patch: ComboBox issues

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Jul 30 08:23:20 EDT 2003

+ From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
+ Sent: woensdag 30 juli 2003 14:11
+
+ On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:10:57 +0200
+ "Marc Weustink" <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:
+
+ > + From: Karl Brandt [mailto:pascalive at bol.com.br]
+ > + Sent: woensdag 30 juli 2003 6:36

[SNIP]

+ > + -Changes to the Height property are ignored and reading it will
+ > +   allways return the height of the edit part (determined by the font):
+
+ Ok. The gtk-interface is doing the same for scrollbars.
+
+
+ > +    just like in Delphi
+
+ Who cares what Delphi can _not_ do? ;)

It is not a Delphi issue, but it is (or at least was) a Win(32 ?) issue.

For some odd reason, the height of a combo is the Edit area +
DropDownHeight.
At least that was what I thought. I've reread the the MSDN about comboboxes
and nowhere is stated that the height is fixed. I think it is possible to
set the heigtht of the edit area.

Speaking of, I've been playing with it in the past and the only issue which
comes into mind is that when the edit area height is less then the internal
editor height, the editor is not shown. I cant recall if it was on all
platforms or just win311/win95/NT351/NT4

Marc