[lazarus] Lazarus and FreeBSD problem finding units

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 31 03:35:53 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:26:38 -0400
Rod Person <opensourcebeef at hotpop.com> wrote:

> I have fpc 1.0.10 installed on FreeBSD 4.8 and I downloaded lazarus
> latest source, compiled it and installed it. When I place a button on a
> form and click the button to access the OnClick event, I get the error
> that it can not find the buttons unit. This happens with all components.
> I have the paths to the units in the lazarus environment setting but it
> does not seem to find them. Is there somewhere else I should be placing
> them or some config file that the path should be in?

Quick test:
Do a right click on the unit to get the popupmenu. Click "Unit Info". There
you can see the unit path. The path should include the lcl directory. For
example:
/home/user/lazarus/lcl/units;/home/user/lazarus/lcl/units/gtk;/home/user/la
zarus/packager/units

If not, make sure that the

Environment -> Environment Options -> Files ->
-> Lazarus Directory
-> Compiler Path
-> FPC source directory

paths are set.
The Lazarus Directory normally ends on /x/x/lazarus/.
The Compiler Path normally ends on /x/x/ppc386.
The FPC source directory normally ends on /x/x/fpc/.

You can test your compiler path and FPC Source Directory by searching for
the file classes.pp: Open a unit, go to the uses section, position the
cursor over the "Classes" identifier and do a find declaration (in the
popupmenu or Search->Find declaration at cursor).

Then test your Lazarus Directory by searching for controls.pp.

Note:
The IDE will find controls.ppu in /x/lazarus/lcl/units/ and then it searches
controls.pp in /x/lazarus/lcl/.

Mattias