[lazarus] heaptrc on win98

Vincent Snijders VSDS at RND.VB.CBS.NL
Thu Jul 31 05:30:02 EDT 2003

Hi,

I found another incompatibility between windows 98 and windows 2000.
When I use heaptrc on lazarus or the examples, it crashes with an access
violation. On windows 2000 there is no problem.

The crash takes place in the WindowProc function in win32callback.pp.
Recently a TLMInsertText variable was added. It contains an ansistring,
which means an exception block is added to the function and also some
memory from the heap is located.

On windows 2000, no access violation is created, but heaptrc reports
that not all memory is released:
Heap dump by heaptrc unit
146 memory blocks allocated : 592/1184
146 memory blocks freed     : 584/1168
0 unfreed memory blocks : 8
True heap size : 262144 (80 used in System startup)
True free heap : 261936
Should be : 262048

Shall I report this to the fpc buglist? It can be shown to happen also
in a slightly modified version of the winhello demo program shipped with
fpc.

Vincent.