[lazarus] Thanks for the help - package now uploaded

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 7 20:33:42 EDT 2003

> > Personally I would like to see a suite of TCP/IP components similar to
> > Winshoes.

A TCP/IP suite was one of the things I was thinking about too. I see
TurboPower's Internet Professional components in the Lazarus sources but
haven't tried them yet. Are they working?

> Unfortunately, Indy is heavily thread based, and the Thread support
> exists only in version 1.1 of the compiler.

As an alternative to Indy, I've had excellent results with the Synapse
library by Lukas Gebauer. In addition to supporting just about every
protocol on the planet, I've found Synapse to be very stable and easy to
maintain. It uses a blocking socket model so no thread support is
required... and it already works with Kylix. If Lazarus doesn't have a
working TCP/IP suite, perhaps Synapse would be a good first candidate.

http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/

-Tom