[lazarus] Lazarus road map

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Tue Jun 10 19:16:53 EDT 2003

Does this mean that wherever the wind blows will go that way? What I wish is
that masters/guru of this group should create at least some simple outline what
we expect in the future of Lazarus. I usually have around 1 to 2 hours free a
day for playing around Lazarus but I sometimes fell like we don't have some
directions.. "wherever the wind blows I go that way"........ I love to work
where I know where we are heading.... Please don't take this message seriously,
it is just my personal preference as participant of this list.

>> Lazarus 0.9.2 --> Implement dynamically loading new control with
>> recompiling lazarus
>
>What do you mean with this one?
I mean without recompiling lazarus.

Regards,

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 svcr-216-37-230-2.dsl.svcr.epix.net
 [216.37.230.2]

From: Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> on 06/10/2003 01:09 PM GMT

            Mattias Gaertner           To:   lazarus at miraclec.com
 <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>           Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                               Subject:      Re: [lazarus] Lazarus road map

         06/10/2003 09:09 PM
           Please respond to
        lazarus at miraclec.com

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:52:37 +0800
hernan.et at pg.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Do we have a road map for Lazarus, like the one's used in the Mozilla
> project? I'd love to see something like

I guess, any developer will tell you another 'roadmap'.
Personally I would like to have some docs in 0.9.1.

> Lazarus 0.9.1 --> Implement Database access (TDBText, TDBLabel, etc ...
> etc....)
>
> Lazarus 0.9.2 --> Implement dynamically loading new control with
> recompiling lazarus

What do you mean with this one?

> Lazarus 0.9.3 --> I don't know.......

gtk2, docking, drag&drop, ...

> The reason I ask this is that maybe we can focus on the items listed on
> each release cycles. Though, this should not stop others from creating
> some more interesting stuff.

Feel free to contribute whatever you like.

Mattias