[lazarus] Win32 Interface

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jun 18 02:49:26 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, hjamilis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to know if somebody is still working on the Win32 interface for Lazarus.
>
> I was following the lazarus mailing list for a long time, and I think I could help on the Win32 interface. I also beleve, once the Win32 interface works many developers will join the lazarus project.
>
> I think I have my development enviroment ready for this.
> I downloaded from CVS the lattest fpc (1.0.8) and Lazarus.
> Fpc compiles both, itself and Lazarus, but as we know, lazarus does almost nothing yet.
>
> What I don't know is how to debug?
> I downloaded the gdb which comes with Fpc 1.0.6... could I use it? How?
> I never used it.

1. compile everyting with debug info. Adding 'DEBUG=1' to the make
   command-line should do this.

2. Run
   gdbw lazarus.
   (or a demo app)

That should be it. There is a cygwin tool called 'insight',
which is a nice tcl/tk graphical shell around gdb for windows.
Using that should really make it easy to work on the Windows shell.

Michael.