[lazarus] CVS Updatesuy

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 18 19:39:19 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:01:42 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > >?MarcoV is confused here?
> >
> > Not only you, I've been looking and I don't get why the fd is negative.
> > Besides that, the system created a dup for it whithout an error
> > (otherwise wwe wouldn't have a PID), so what's going on here ?
> >
> > Does a simple call to AssignPipe work ?
>
> It seems so. the pipe() syscall is succesful according to ktrace, and the
> fcl/tests/testproc program works. However, again with ktrace I see a few
> close()'s that silently go wrong at the end.
>
> However this was on my laptop with a lot of old cruft (and a slow building
> of a snapshot, I'm at home preparing for exams).
>
> In the weekend I'll probably find some time to delve deeper into this
> using my Athlon.
>
> P.s. 1 I saw there isn't a demo for the treetest yet?
>
> P.s. 2
> I tried to compile Tony's checkbook tracker, but:
> - I had to fix some {$ifdef linux}. In general, to everybody; if you don't
>    care about 1.0.4 and below compability, use ifdef unix.
>    There are less linux specific calls than Unix-generic calls.
> - I missed files, both custom components (in some "custom" dir) and in the
> generic lazarus dir.
>    I know that they were in the lazarus dir because ...
> - Checkbook tracker's lpi file is also full of absolute paths. To lazarus,
>   fpc source dirs, custom component dirs etc etc. Most seem to be generate
>   by auto finding them via the searchpaths. Maybe if found via a certain
>   include dir, they should read {$LAZARUSDIR}/dir/to/file or so when
>   written to file. So when saving file-paths, you look if there are
>   partial matches with every dir-path in includes, units etc.

The lpi file is also a session file. You can reduce the saved info in the
project options.
But for publishing projects, there is a far more comfortable way:
Project->Publish Project
This will create a copy of the project directory, the lpi file is cleaned
and the new directory can automatically be zipped. There is also a 'publish'
feature for packages.

Mattias