[lazarus] TProcess parameters...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 22 01:16:17 EDT 2003

> >CommandLine:='ls /mnt/disk/redhat9/release/*.rpm';
>
> A first shot here. When you issue ls *.rpm from a shell, the * is expanded
> by your shell and it is'nt passed to ls. ls get (in your case) all 1400
> files as argument.
>
> What you are excuting is something like ls "*.rpm" and that file does not
> exist.

Right! I hadn't considered the shell's contribution because I don't
think I've ever executed ls outside a shell before. :)

The find command is a lot "smarter" and worked perfectly as an
alternative:

CommandLine:='find /mnt/disk/redhat9/release -name '+quotedstr('*.rpm');

> >Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)
>
> Hope it helped.

Very much... thanks Marc! Now that I know it was a pilot error, I can
stop disassembling the engine! :)

-Tom