[lazarus] TProcess parameters...

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jun 22 06:01:39 EDT 2003

> Yes, I saw it... thanks! TProcess is a little more convenient because it
> optionally handles I/O redirection with the flip of a switch. This has
> made it very easy to put gui wrappers on large, text based utilities
> like rpm and cdrecord with just a few lines of code.
>
> > Probably this is for the theseus
> > > project, which is in fact Linux only.
>
> Epik-Builder is being developed on Linux with RH9, but the design is
> intended for any package format, distribution or architecture. Debian
> packaging is next... but I've been wondering about how well Lazarus runs
> under FreeBSD, so perhaps this would be a good time to ask. :)

Lazarus and the examples  seems to work under FreeBSD, but I have no
material to compare since I don't have Linux, or a suitable Linux userland
installed under FreeBSD.

Yesterday I managed to get Lazarus running under NetBSD too, but only when
statically linked.

I've the feeling the debugger sometimes hangs a short while. But maybe that
was because of parameters in my gdb config file ( .gdbinit ). Does
Lazarus pass parameters to gdbpas to ignore reading that file ?

P.s. is there a treeview demo somewhere?