[lazarus] Clean build from nothing

cryst at golden.net cryst at golden.net
Mon Jun 23 23:27:09 EDT 2003

I'm thinking about creating an ebuild for the gentoo linux distrubution. This
(for those who don't know) is a distro which builds everything from source.
An Ebuild automates this process. (in short it will add a number of users
(and hopefully developers)).

I've looked over the doc's and the faq and the downloads, and I've followed
the mailing list. In short I'm rather confused as to what is needed.
Do I need FPC Version 1.07 as in the downloads, or 1.08 as in the the mailing
list, or 1.1 as in the downloads. Where is the best place to download it
from?

How about the Lazarus. It looks like it is in heavy development right now
(which I feel is good), am I better grabbing source from the cvs or from the
download section?

Should I hold off until 1.08 fpc is officially released?

Is there a document somewhere that explains exactly how to install from
source? (I'm not interested in binaries).

Chris Bruner