[lazarus] Clean build from nothing

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jun 24 06:29:29 EDT 2003

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:26:04 +0200 (CEST)
> marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > I've thought this over for FreeBSD. Effectively, you need:
>
> Can I add this text to docs/INSTALL for BSD?

If you replace "make" with "gmake" everywhere, yes.

But better do it for *nix in general, replace make everywhere with
$MAKE and say in the notes that $MAKE=make on linux and $MAKE=gmake on *BSD,
and $MAKE=<GNU MAKE> whatever it is called on other OSes.

A lot of the path/prefix stuff also goes for e.g. Slackware (and maybe
debian/BSD and gentoo), or people that do customised installations, or have
a certain separation in privileges (e.g. if you try to make a debian
installation where power users can install apps, but are not root, the
default Linux installation also can be to simplistic)

It is more a more advanced Unix filesystem hierarchy, than BSD specific.