[lazarus] Clean build from nothing

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Jun 24 14:28:17 EDT 2003

At 19:55 24-6-2003, you wrote:
>What I want.
>tar -xzf fpc*
>cd fpc
>.configure

We don't need to detect what kind of Pascal flavour is installed so the
configure step is not needed.

>make
>make install
>
>tar -xzf lazarus*
>cd lazarus
>.configure
>make    (make works for pascal as well)
>make install
>

>What I've got:
>Downloading the fpc source files from the download area gives me deb files?

There are deb files available. When 1.0.8 is released it will also be
uploaded to debian. I already contacted the debian maintainer for this. But
we dependent on him to do the real upload

>Downloading source files from fpc site gives me much source but no obvious
>way to compile it.

Unzip/untar the sources and run 'make install' and everything is build and
installed with the prefix /usr/local. 'make build' will only build
everything and doesn't install. 'make linuxzip' will build the tar.gz
files, just like the linux release has. 'make deb' will build .deb with the
current date in the version number. 'make rpm' will build the .rpm files.

Peter