[lazarus] Modal / On Top forms

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 15 04:39:30 EST 2003

On 14 Mar 2003 18:43:15 -0600
Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:

> Well, I finally updated my Lazarus for the first time in months...
> life's been busy.

Maybe you should update again, see below ...

> Have I missed something or is there still no progress on making modal or
> always on top forms always stay on top?

There is a little progress:

Forms created with fsStayOnTop and bsNone are created as GTK_WINDOW_POPUP,
so that they stay always on top. The IDE splash screen uses this.

I just fixed and activated the transient relationship for modal forms. That
means a modal form always stays on top of the last focused form. It does not
stay on top of not focused forms. The best solution would be: When a form is
shown modal, all other forms should be transient connected in the current z
order. And as soon as the modal form is closed, the artificial transients
connections must be dissolved.

Mattias