[lazarus] TGraphic Transparency

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Mar 21 01:16:39 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 20:44, andrew johnson wrote:

> So anyway, essentially I have the following questions before I finish
> and commit:
>
> 1.) How should transparency be handled with graphic types that support
> it natively when
>
>    a.) the current graphic has such a channel

	I can see reason to have both transparencies applied before it's
drawn.  I think this is logical.  Of course it's a judgment (that
spelling doesn't look right, but that's what my spel cheker says) call
barring previous Delphi work in this regard...

>    b.) it doesn't

	Apply the graphic format's transparency still.

> 2.) how should it be handled on types which don't support it natively

	Obviously apply the transparency to the graphic as it's being drawn.
Well obvious to me, but I'm infamous for misunderstanding the question.

--
Thanks,

Tony Maro

Need a Linux replacement for Microsoft Money?
Check out CheckBook Tracker!
http://tony.maro.net/